Dragaera

Religion in Dragaera

Howard Brazee howard
Thu Aug 18 11:10:51 PDT 2005

FRIEDA2133 at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 8/18/2005 5:24:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>almagaiz at gmail.com writes:
>

>>I think he means the recorded conversations with Vlad.
>>

>Ah ha, *not* transcripts, the recorded conversations between Vlad and a
>"shiny contraption with presumed ears at both ends" . (Dragon, paperback, Chapter
>1, "Memory is like a Watchacallit", pgs 15-16.)  Heh, we never got to see that
>picture of Steve with a shiny
>contraption.   The conversations would have to be translated into English,
>typed up,  the missing parts would have to be made up and the whole would have
>to be written into book form.
>
>It would sort of work out the same way if you have Vlad's voice in your head.
> Translate and type up the ideas in your head, make up the missing parts to
>make it seem like you knew what you were doing from the beginning.  You do not
>have to translate from another language but then you have to come up with all
>the ideas yourself.   Much harder.

Not everything Steve has reported on was dictated by the wise-cracking
young assassin.   Some of it was created by a wordy old scholar.
Translating is not an easy task when you want to make sure you keep the
styles of the originators.

I suspect Steve originated _/Brokedown Palace/_ himself though.   The
other stuff obviously all originated in Dragaera.