Dragaera

Heh, Brokedown Palace and Dragaera

FRIEDA2133@aol.com FRIEDA2133
Thu Aug 18 14:05:40 PDT 2005

In a message dated 8/18/2005 12:11:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
howard at brazee.net writes:

>I suspect Steve originated _/Brokedown Palace/_ himself though.   The
>other stuff obviously all originated in Dragaera.

Hi,

Connections between Brokedown Palace and Dragaera and the translator:

Devera
Kav or Khaavren
Brigitta --> daughter -- Cawti

Vlad and his friends/sources in the East ?
A jhereg that may be trying to help Miklos ?

So as I was rereading Brokedown Palace, I noticed this:

"Above him, the jhereg had given up, save one whose cries now seemed to say,
The River! The River!"

Which made me wonder again if Jenoine-altered animals would reincarnate also.

I noticed that Miklos said Heh. Sorry, cannot find the page(s).  Could Vlad
have met Miklos back East?  When did Vlad start using the word heh?
Could Vlad have picked up the habit of using the word heh from his friend
Miklos.  Like Piro picked up the habit of using the word Cha from his father,
Khaavren.

Book Search has 500 Years After, Issola, Jhereg, Teckla, The Phoenix Guards,
Yendi in it.

And when you search for Heh, the Vlad books that show up are Teckla and
Issola.

Vlad never said heh in Jhereg or Yendi?  I was surprised.

Anyone remember Vlad saying heh in Taltos or Dragon?

Who are Vlad's sources and/or friends back East?  Vlad says "I do have
a few friends in the East".  He is talking with Cawti and does not say we have
friends.  Vlad, of course, would not realize the connection between Brigitta's
daughter and Cawti.

So maybe there is a Vlad and Brokedown Palace connection.  Maybe
Vlad meets up with Miklos, Vilmos and Andor in the East before Jhereg.   Vlad
then heard the whole story of Brokedown Palace and the translator asks Vlad if
he knows any tales from the East.  Look another book--Brokedown Palace.

Or the connection could be as simple as Vlad's grandfather collecting tales
from
his past and his customers about the East and telling them to Vlad.  Vlad
telling
the translator here are a couple of tales of the East including one about a
Brokedown Palace.

Or maybe Devera knows the translator.

Bye.

Linda G.

   Devera speaking:

   "Fenario.  He said I should go to Fenario because I would be able to learn
something about--well, I'm really not supposed to say.  But I must have
missed,
since I'm way up here, and that means I'm probably early, too."

Brokedown Palace, Chapter 1, page 17.

David, thanks for getting Book Search back.

Dragaera Book Search Score 1 at 77.0% in chapter jhereg02.html
?, "doesn't extend to the East." That was almost true. My sources back in my
ancestral homeland were few and far between. Still, there wasn't any reason
to let the Demon in on everything I ?

Jhereg, Chapter 2 "There is no substitute for good manners--except fast
reflexes" , page 36.  The Book of Jhereg, Jhereg, Ch. 2, pg 26.

Vlad speaking to Cawti:

Score 1 at 17.7% in chapter jhereg06.html
? this over. "You may be right. I do have a few friends in the East I can
check with.
In fact, I was planning on trying to get hold of them if Daymar can't ?
Score 1 at 28.0% in chapter jhereg06.html

Jhereg, Chapter 6 "True heroics must be carefully planned--and strenuously
avoided", page 69.  The Book of Jhereg, Jhereg, Ch. 6, pg 50.