Dragaera

Serenity

Noah Stacy nstacy
Sat Oct 8 23:52:53 PDT 2005

On Oct 8, 2005, at 11:23 PM, Matthew Hunter wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 09:01:15PM -0500, Mia McDavid
> <mia_mcdavid at comcast.net> wrote:
>> So, hubby and I finally saw Serenity.  Who else has seen it?  What did
>> y'all think?  This being very On Topic because our Main man is
>> writing a
>> Serenity novel.
>
> I was fairly wowed.  It's simultaneously true to the series and a
> completion of the series, while stepping the quality of the
> effects and the drama of the situation up several notches to
> movie quality.

Thoroughly impressed. The only disappointment is that... well, it's not
the series. I'm very happy to have Firefly/Serenity living on in some
form... but there'll never be the room for the sort of depth you'd have
in seven seasons or so of a series. If you've got an hour to work with
these characters every week, you can do quite a bit more than if you've
got a grand total of maybe 6 hours spread over three movies.

N.
-----
	"One moment, please.  Whom did you wish to see?"
	Degarmo spun on his heel and looked at me wonderingly.  "Did he say
'whom'?"
	"Yeah, but don't hit him," I said.  "There is such a word."
	Degarmo licked his lips.  "I knew there was," he said.  "I often
wondered where they kept it."
	-- Raymond Chandler, _The Lady in the Lake_