Dragaera

Soul destroying - Issola Spoiler

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Wed Nov 9 11:09:12 PST 2005

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:

>We know it was done for Napper at the end of Dragon...
>
>"The Point" I think is one of honor and respect for a fallen comrade. Very
>Dragon.
>
>MajikJon

I'm not sure why it is "respectful" to do what we do with corpses.   I
suspect a lot of it is left-over from old religions where the body was
necessary.

Dragaerans don't have the same attitude towards gods and religion as we
do - they see it as part of life, and thus would likely have different
attitudes about what to do with corpses.

Dragaerans have strong feelings though about killing one's soul though,
but I've seen no evidence they have strong feelings about what happens
when a body is lost so that it cannot be deposited.   And I don't see
that there is a big industry in moving corpses.   Serfs have to believe
that they will reincarnate, even if their despotic rulers won't pay for
the transportation of their corpses, or if their corpses get eaten by
wild animals.    Maybe it takes longer without a head start and a map.