Dragaera

Pel vs. Paarfi

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Mon Nov 14 12:46:04 PST 2005

>I've been working on the next version (which isn't quite ready to be
>released yet), and one of the questions I put to Steve was about the
>distance from Daavya to Dragaera City.  Aerich and Tazendra pretend to
make
>that journey in 30 hours in FHYA via the post, but Daavya appeared to me
>be at least 700 miles from Dragaera City.  This did not seem possible.
>
>Steve said 700 miles sounded about right, and did not dispute Paarfi's
claim
>they made the trip in 30 hours.
>
>Perhaps Dragaeran horses are faster or have more endurance than their
Terran
>equivalents.

That averages to a little over 23 miles per hour... Which would put them
at a full gallop most of the way with no stopping to sleep or eat.

Still, they were using the posts, which means fresh, fast horses every few
leagues. Tazendra may have also been able to get extra mileage out of them
using sorcery, as well.

Given this as "flank speed" for traveling this distance, and assuming the
roads were well kept, flat, and level, I could see this being at least
somewhat plausable.

Majikjon