Dragaera

New Dramatis Personae page

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 19:35:36 PST 2005

FWD to list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com>
Date: Nov 18, 2005 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: New Dramatis Personae page
To: Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net>

The Dramatis Personae page, on Lady Teldra:
"She was described as being beautiful and slender, with light brown
hair and green eyes (typical for an Issola). Also typically for her
house, she was a born and trained diplomatist, a master of many
protocols and languages (including the language of the Jenoine), and
almost impossible not to like."

I know this is true of Teldra, but is it true of Issola in general?
The only other Issola we have aren't really (Illista and her brother,
posing as Issola) but they don't seem to have Teldra's personal charm.
Of course, we might also be dealing with a biased narrator (Vlad). We
really don't know if Teldra's magic was as universally effective (esp.
on Dragaerans) as he thinks it is/was. Vlad's a little bit...
love-starved isn't the right word, but--we already know he's a lot
fonder of people than he likes to admit. ("For an assassin, Vlad,
you're a real sweetheart.) He may have been uniquely predisposed to
like Teldra in a way that Morrolan--who doesn't appear to have strong
personal ties to anyone in his foster family, or even any of the
villagers of Blackchapel among whom he lived for several generations
without even noticing that he wasn't human--was not.

Max

Max

--
Be pretty if you are,