Dragaera

Morrolan's Age

Wed Nov 30 10:07:23 PST 2005

> Apologies if this has already been discussed at some point, but this
> question has been nagging me:
>
> Just how old is Morrolan?
>
> It is said in several places that he was born near the beginning of the
> Interregnum (possibly even right before Adron's Disaster).
>
> Yet, In "Paths of the Dead", (while he still thinks of himself as an
> Easterner) he says to Miska, "A hundred years is too long for me, good
> Miska; I doubt I shall live that long."
>
> Since this is 156 years into the Interregnum, it appears that Morrolan is
> already half again as old as this WHEN HE MAKES THIS STATEMENT.
>
> It seems unlikely that he was born more than a year or two after Adron's
> Disaster, however, since his father perished during the catyclysm.
>
> Can we chalk this one up to Paarfi misquoting Morrolan in PotD? Or is
> there a more mundane explanation?

Paarfi quite consistently portrays Morrolan (at least at this time) as
being totally clueless.  I'd say this is just anoher example of that.

Alexx

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employers.
alexx at carolingiaSPAMBL@CK.org                http://www.panix.com/~alexx
"More irregular verbs:  I address the issues, you launch ad-hominem
 attacks, he's a flaming maniac and should have his access pulled."
      -- Dani Zweig