Dragaera

Morrolan's Age

Kenneth Gorelick pulmon at mac.com
Thu Dec 1 20:03:22 PST 2005

On Nov 30, 2005, at 1:43 PM, Philip Hart wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005, Alexx Kay wrote:
>
>> Paarfi quite consistently portrays Morrolan (at least at this
>> time) as
>> being totally clueless.  I'd say this is just another example of
>> that.
>
> Sethra has to have her little jokes.
>
> Actually, 150 years is something like 18 to a Dragaeran.
> Presumably he
> has no memory of his first few decades, and then probably for many
> years
> didn't keep track.  He might think he's a young 50.  I take it that
> his
> human guardians went to some trouble to keep him from thinking
> about his
> age as a way to maintain as best they could his protective ignorance.

How long is a Dragaeran pregnancy? If he is Rollondar's son, his
mother must have been pregnant at the time of the Disaster. If the
relationship between Dragaeran and human is linear, then Dragaeran
pregnancy lasts about 22 years. That covers at least som of the time
(with apologies to the mathematically inclined...)