Dragaera

Sethra Lavode and gene-scans

Sun Dec 4 11:29:51 PST 2005

Kenneth Gorelick wrote:

> While the Necromancer is often referred to as undead, we must
> remember that she is in fact a demon from another dimension to whom
> life and death are no more complex than coffee or tea to the rest of
> us...

All we have to go on is Vlad's assessment (in Issola) that she is
undead. (Somewhat surprisingly, I'd always assumed she was undead simply
based on the discription of her appearance, but it wasn't until Issola
that the word actually appeared in a description of her.) Paarfi takes
no stance on her life-state that I can recall.

Although I find the description of her origins in cahpter 18 of PotD to
be very intriguing. The "World of Seven Doors" of which she "knows six,
and is not entirely unacquainted with the seventh" interests me
enormnously. I'm hopeful this reference wasn't just a one-off, and
actually leads somewhere in one of the later books.

Majikjon