Dragaera

Concerning Plurality

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 12:00:29 PST 2005

On 12/7/05, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:

> Okay, I found another reference that supports Davdi (and my) preferences
> for one of the plural house names:
>
> Lord of Castle Black, pg 28:
>
> "However, the Vallista had, by this time become so well settled into their
> new homes..."
>
> Conclusion: Vallista is, in fact, its own plural.
>
> So we have Teckla and Vallista. Two down, 15 to go.

/The Paths of the Dead/, Ch. 22, pg. 217

[Begin Cite]

Harata is, indeed, a place of rolling hills, in addition to a large
number of small ponds, gentle meadows, and, here and there, small
wooded areas, the whole of which is populated mostly by Dzur and
Lyorn, as well as the occasional Tiassa and of course, the Teckla;

[End Cite]

That's two more down, for the price of one.  Pity it doesn't clear up
Tiassa as well.