Dragaera

Concerning Plurality

Wed Dec 7 16:16:37 PST 2005

> At this rate, the matter should be settled before the Cycle
> changes, I nearly think.

I used the book search to do a quick search for various forms of plurals.
It seems the book search is broken in a sense:  If you search for "Tiassas",
for example, it sometimes returns links that send you to a blank page
instead of a text reference.

After some digging around, it appears that it's failing when it finds
"Tiassa's".  It ignores the apostrophe when deciding whether to draw a link,
but considers it when looking up the actual text, perhaps?

Anyway, here are the results (if there were multiple examples, I list the
most recently published book).  Houses that say "no match" did not have any
matches, or the matches were broken as described above:

Phoenixes/Phoenix
- no match

Dragons
- TPG Chapter 34 - Why should they care which line of Dragons is given the
estate?

Lyorns
- Jhereg Chapter 9 - The Lyorns have records of him.

Tiassas
- no match

Hawks
- TPG Chapter 1 - a Lyorn and two Hawks.
- TPG Chapter 34 - keep your ears to the sky, and your eyes to the ground,
as the Hawks say

Dzurs
- no match

Issolas
- Issola Chapter 7 - proving that even Issolas are capable of self-directed
irony.

Tsalmoths
- no match

Vallistas
- no match

Jheregs
- Jhereg Chapter 9 - ...the Jheregs were obviously the only ones who could
manage it properly. / Why did the Jheregs agree to help?

Iorichs
- no match

Chreothas
- Jhereg Chapter 9 - Do you mean, for example, that Chreothas are descended
from actual chreothas?"

Yendis
- no match

Orcas
- Teckla Chapter 8 - But the big merchants -- the Orcas and the Tsalmoth and
the Jhegaala
- Teckla Chapter 12 - I thought about Orcas who will knife anyone for twenty
Imperials

Tecklas
- no match

Jhegaalas