Dragaera

Concerning Plurality

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Thu Dec 8 12:07:03 PST 2005

> At this rate, the matter should be settled before the Cycle
> changes, I nearly think.

I think we can assign a tenative matrix to this as follows:

Singular:   Plural:

Phoenix     Phoenix (possible alternate form: Phoenixes, only because this
is *our* plural form)
Dragon      Dragons
Lyorn       Lyorn (possible alternate form: Lyorns, cited once, likely a
typo)
Tiassa      Tiassa
Hawk        Hawks
Dzur        Dzur
Issola      Issola (possible alternate form: Issolas, cited once, possibly
a typo)
Tsalmoth    Tsalmoth
Vallista    Vallista
Jhereg      Jhereg (possible alternate form: Jheregs, cited once, likely a
typo)
Iorich      Iorich
Chreotha    Chreotha (possible alternate form: Chreothas, cited once,
likely a typo)
Yendi       Yendi
Orca        Orca (possible alternate form: Orcas, multiple citations, plus
this is *our* plural form)
Teckla      Teckla
Jhegaala    Jhegaala
Athyra      Athyra

Of course, having made all these determinations, I'm sure Steve will just
deliberately write them all the other way from now on.

Majikjon

/"You're just saying that, Boss, because you know if you say it it won't
happen that way."/
/"I'm an Easterner, chum. I can be superstitious if I want to."/