Dragaera

I've a feeling...

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:35:31 PST 2005

On 12/17/05, Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/17/05, Davdi Silverrock <davdisil at gmail.com> wrote:
> > And as already suggested, how about *Paarfi of Roundwood* as the
> > "Great and Powerful Oz"?  He's certainly got the bluster for it.
> > Sethra Lavode still works as the one behind the curtain.
>
> I like this one a lot.
>
> > >       Kragar, Malestav, and Glowbug as the Lolipop Guild
> >
> > Hmph.  Or perhaps Kelly and his revolutionaries as the Munchkins
> > (Easterners are short, right?)
>
> Just as long as it's someone suitably menacing, with a bunch of pointy
> things backing them up.

         "We are members of the Confectioner's Union 289 (x3).
          We welcome you to our collective action meeting!"

(in somewhat menacing tones):

         "Are you a good worker... or a /scab/ worker?"

> > Verra (or whoever plays Glinda): "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?"
> > Vlad (shrugging): "I'm the second-best witch that I know of, and my
> > grandfather isn't here at the moment."
>
> Heh.

I've thought of a better match for Glinda:

Daymar.  Or better yet, portmanteau the names: Glindaymar

It fits, with the whole "*suprised look* but you didn't *ask*!" thing
(that is, Glindaymar arrives after Vlad has found out that the Great
and Terrible Paarfi might know how to send him home, and therefore
hasn't heard him ask how to get home).