Dragaera

How will House Phoenix arise from the ashes?

Wed Dec 21 06:30:00 PST 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> I understand the point you're making, but I still see problems with it.
> Consider:  promotions are gradual.  Putting Kragar in charge of a
> military group large enough to make a difference in a battle, while at
> the same time being aware of his... peculiar unnoticibility, means that
> whoever was in charge of field assignments was the one who made the
> mistake, not Kragar himself.  Also, consider this:  Before a group goes
> into battle, they train and practice maneuvers.  Again, ample
> opportunity to note that Kragar's group is Not Doing Well because his
> subordinates aren't paying attention to him.

Brain slow today, hopefully this makes sense:

What you say would certainly be valid if Kragar had been in the imperial
army, but I've always envisioned it happening with Kragar being a nobleman
collecting his surrounding forces in order to join in the larger army to
assault the guy over there who pissed off the local lord at the party last
night.