Dragaera

Speculation:Kragar

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Mon Jan 2 13:41:20 PST 2006

"Mark A. Mandel" <thnidu at yahoo.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/02/06 01:34 PM

"Peter H. Granzeau" <pgranzeau at cox.net>, Dragaera list
<dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: How will House Phoenix arise from the ashes?

>--- "Peter H. Granzeau" <pgranzeau at cox.net> wrote:
>> It is my  vague recollection that Kragar and Vlad were partnered
>> early in V.'s career doing "work"; Kragar's only requirement was that
>> V. had to be the boss.  Do I misremember?
>
>If so, we both do.
>
>m a m /c&s

To be perfectly clear (and by all means, let us be clear), Vlad was
partnered with Kragar by Neilar on the condition that he didn't have to
give any orders.

This does not mean that Vlad became his "boss" at this point, it just put
Vlad in charge when the two of them were out "enforcing". (Please note, it
is made quite clear that when Vlad began to do "work" he did so on his
own, NOT in partnership with Kragar. At least not until Tagichatn was out
of the way.) This is confirmed by Kragar's reaction to the results of
Vlad's first piece of "work" (Tiev) where he was highly critical of Vlad's
methods.

This is all as related by Vlad in /Taltos/, so the normal rules about
unreliable narrators apply, of course.

Majikjon