Dragaera

Vlad's Mother Speculation

Wed Jan 4 01:17:10 PST 2006

Perhaps she's trying not to spoil him? Wasn't it mentioned in Issola, when
Sethra is talking to Teldra, that Vlad has been 'trained'? Maybe Vlad is
part divine and Verra simply wishes to conceal from him that they're
related, so not to get him all proud of himself or expect help from her and
develop survival skills Aliera doesn't have. Also, remember Vlad's father
always changed his description of Vlad's mother and how she died/left.
Verra's a chaotic god-either he could be remembering what happened but there
were several encounters, or possibly Verra messed with his memories as such
not to give it away.

This also may explain Vlad's father's bitterness towards Eastern things and
wanting to be accepted as a Dragaeran, or better- he's been the consort of a
goddess. And I kind of read a sullen resentment of Vlad in him-perhaps
because he's part divine?