Dragaera

Sandman, the man by the window

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:45:07 PST 2006

On 1/4/06, Martin Wohlert <martin_wohlert at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this has come up yet on the list, but I'm fairly sure that
> it hasn't been mentioned for the last year, at least.

> In the eighth Sandman comic, Worlds' End, there's a man by the window in
> page 147 that looks exactly like someone we know. Has anyone else noted this
> cameo?

Indeed, and it looks like you missed a couple of other cameos:

ftp://theory.lcs.mit.edu/pub/people/wald/sandman/sandman.51

ftp://theory.lcs.mit.edu/pub/people/wald/sandman/sandman.56

ftp://theory.lcs.mit.edu/pub/people/wald/sandman/sandman.73

Many other annotations and observations here:

   http://theory.lcs.mit.edu/~wald/sandman-index.html

> Anyone who hasn't read Neil Gaiman's excellent Sandman comic should. :)

I nearly think that the esteemed Steven Brust would entirely agree
with this sentiment.

Something that I keep forgetting to add to the Meta: sections of the
Wikicity entries is that "G'mon, Lord of Dreams" and "Ilen, a Magian"
are both references to Steven's friend Neil Gaiman.