Dragaera

(Orca spoiler)

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Jan 6 06:53:09 PST 2006

Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/05/06 09:50 PM

SKZB List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: (Orca spoiler)

>On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, rone wrote:
>
>> Philip Hart writes:
>>   There's a bit in _Issola_ where V mutters to himself in F, so perhaps
>>   he's fully bilingual or that's his milk tongue.
>>
>> I think he admits to not being fluent in it.
>
>He might have stopped speaking/hearing F regularly at a young age
>and lack a fully native grammar/vocab but still have it in his
>deep language center.  But if he's not fluent then the Vladiad's
>in Dragaeran.

[cite]

V: "How many languages do you speak, Teldra?"
T: "Several," she said, "And you?"
V: "None well. A bit of Fenarian. A smattering of a few other Eastern
Languages."
[/cite]

I like the fact that he doesn't even claim to speak Dragaeran 'well'. But
Vlad's assessment of his own abilities would be consistent with the above
theory.

Majikjon