Dragaera

Neil Gaiman interview

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Fri Jan 6 12:15:58 PST 2006

Louis Eastman wrote:

>I met him at the first Anansi boys signing (two copies, one for me, one for
>a friend, and a first edition American gods plus 1602) and mentioned Steve
>was my favorite author.

I had children & grandchildren with me with copies of books to sign at
The Tattered Cover, but gave up an hour after the signing started as it
was past our bedtimes.

I remember a few years ago asking Steve whether he enjoyed signing.   He
thought a moment and said that he did.   Things may have changed since
then, but authors have advantages over many celebrities in being able to
pick and choose when they are recognized.   Furthermore, they don't have
to choose to be recognized when they work.

I think it would get very old to be Tiger Woods being asked to sign golf
balls, programs, or menus at restaurants.   Not enough to retire or
anything...