Dragaera

Cool! - Issola Spoiler, but minor

Steve Simmons scs at di.org
Tue Jan 10 18:09:42 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 02:35:45PM -0700, Maximilian Wilson wrote:
> On 1/9/06, Steve Simmons <scs at di.org> wrote:
> > Thanks.  It explains Vlads emerging godhood, too.  Oh, you didn't know
> > Vlad was becoming a god?  Reread Issola and watch for Vlad being in
> > three places at once.

> ???

See Issola, top of page 141 in the hardback.  Begin with the line "I took
a step forward--" and read every third line until you reach a line that
ends in a period.  Return to the top of 141, begin with the line
*following* "I took a step forward" and read every third line as before.
Read this way, the sequence clearly shows Vlad taking three pathways
simultaneously.  It's neatly put together so the casual reader thinks
its another Brustian homage to Zelazny's shadow walks, so it's easy
enough to miss.  And note also that this occurs in the book where they
take great pains to tell you what the qualifying feature of gods is.
--
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
    -- Albert Einstein