Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Wed Jan 11 06:16:16 PST 2006

Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/10/06 10:22 AM

"'Dragaera (E-mail)'" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: the honing of Vlad

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:

>>"Elder Sorcery" is used somewhat interchangably in the texts to refer
both
>>to the ability to create and control Amorphia directly using the power
of
>>the mind (as Vlad does in /Jhereg/, then again later in /Issola/) and in

>>the use of Chaos stones to channel a flow of amorphia (As used by Adron
in
>>FHYA).
>>

>I keep thinking of the start of _To Reign in Hell_.

I've noticed a lot of parallels between /To Reign in Hell/ and /Five
Hundred Years After/.

I just picked up a copy of TRiH off Amazon so I could re-read it (borrowed
a copy from a friend the first time), I was thinking of doing a
side-by-side reading of both books to see how things might line up.
Majikjon