Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:25:15 PST 2006

On 1/12/06, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:

> Interview #3 (Male Jhereg):
>
> I think it was that Dragonlord with the blonde hair that did it.

It occurrs to me that this is the explanation that is most likely to
propagate.  After all, which is more likely - that Aliera e'Kieron;
* known descendent of Adron e'Kieron (famed for messing about with
amorphia, with Disasterous effects);
*of the e'Kieron line (known for having the ability to mess about with
amorphia);
* with a reputation for recklessness, ferocity, a disdain for rules
and laws, and an interest in Elder Sorcery and messing about with
amorphia;
*closely associated with the abovementioned Disaster due to said
interest in messing about with amorphia;
has been messing about with amorphia -- or that some random Easterner
has spontaneously gained the ability to mess about with amorphia?

Anyone who hears about the incident is going to focus on the presence
of Aliera, and no doubt say "Oy.  /Her/, again.  Well, at least she
didn't destroy Adrilankha."

If Vlad gets mentioned at all, it might be as "I wonder what was so
special about him that she thought it was worth risking the creation
of a new Sea of Chaos?"