Dragaera

Dragaera, France, and Firefly

Sun Jan 15 17:29:39 PST 2006

Two questions folks, and apologies if either of them have been recently
addressed on the list--it's been way too busy for me to keep up with,
and topic drift has made subject lines not much use.

On topic first: Am I wrong in thinking that Dragaera, especially
pre-interregnum, seems to share a lot of traits with France just before
1789? The thought has passed my mind before, but it particularly struck
me recently while reading a book on the Revolution that included a
brief description of the situation just beforehand--with wildly varying
systems of measurement, laws, internal tariffs and customs, and so on,
throughout the kingdom.

Less on topic: Any word on Steve's Firefly/Serenity novel lately? I
recently read a bit of an interview in which Whedon basically said that
he was done with the franchise... but hey, novels could fly, maybe?
Surely they don't take as much money to produce as a series or film.

Thanks all! Back to your regularly scheduled rampant speculation. :)

N.
"No man - the point is making a nice comfy home, getting a whole bunch
of weed together with your friends, and eating your face off. THAT is
hobbit heaven." -- faethe, fark.com