Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Mon Jan 16 16:34:14 PST 2006

> If
> you wonder if
> maybe the Jenoine did find Easterners interesting enough in themselves
> to tinker with, as opposed to just being a control so they
> could see how
> much better the new and improved Dragons were compared to Easterners,
> the question becomes what interested them?

I haven't seen any evidence that the Jenoine found Easterners interesting as
anything other than breeding stock/control group. Dragaerans have the same
"psionic" ability that the Jenoine put into the Easterners. They just don't
use it the same way. I generally imagine that it was a requirement as a
first step towards the ability to manipulate amorphia. This is also why the
Easterners were segregated from the Dragaerans via the Eastern/Western
mountains. They wouldn't be any good as a control group otherwise.

> In this theory, possibly the reason only the e'Kieron Dragaerans have
> the ability is that Verra was only able to sneak one unsuppressed
> Dragaeran past her Jenoine supervisors.

I think I posted this speculation already, but my idea on this is that the
creation of those Dragaerans who became the e'Kieron line was the goal of
the experiment. The success of the breeding program was likely the event
that triggered the revolt of Verra and her fellow slaves. I don't believe
the others are supressed. They just don't have the "genetic" patterns to
support the ability. (When you're talking "genes" that are a part of the
soul instead of the body you're talking something other than what we think
of as genetics anyway.)

> (Or does anyone know of any textevd about whether Kieron was
> created in
> a Jenoine lab, as opposed to being born a few generations
> later?

Nope, we don't really know how much time passed between the Revolt and the
Migration. Aliera and Vlad (who both have the amorphia summoning ability)
represent Kieron's siblings, so Kieron was certainly not the first of the
"genetic" line. He was simply the first one famous enough to warrant the
rest of the family naming themselves in honor of him. There were probably a
few generations of parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc... before him,
but again we don't know one way or the other.