Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Mon Jan 16 18:36:39 PST 2006

Howard Brazee wrote:

> I've always assumed humans were there before Dragaerans were
> created.   How well is this assumption backed up?   Jenoine could have
> just grabbed what they wanted to play with - possibly from Earth, and
> somehow later some humans arrived or were brought over - possibly by
> some other agency.

Sethra says as much in /Issola/.

She also mentions that Aliera refuses to believe it.

I don't remember where exactly I got the idea, but I seem to remember
hearing that Dragaera was originally a Terran colony (of mostly
Hungarian ancestry) that were "discovered": by the Jenoine.

This ties in nicely with the idea that Tri'nagore has followers on other
worlds (presumably Easterners or "humans" as we call them).

This is one of the many ways in which the Dragaera books are Science
Fiction, as opposed to Fantasy. (But I've expressed recently, that
really they "float" between the genres.)

Of course, I consider the "Star Wars" movies to be :"fantasy set in
outer space", rather than true Sci-Fi, so my opinion may be somewhat
unusual.

Majikjon