Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Thu Jan 19 11:46:13 PST 2006

Jon Lincicum wrote:

> Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>
>> Speaking of time-fluidity, and noting the difference in rates of
>> time-flow between Dragaera and Jenoinesburg, it also occurs to me that
>> the Jenoine attacks on the Empire are, from the point of view of the
>> Jenoine, occurring in rapid succession.
>>

> Given the way they operate, they probably set up a long-line of
> attacks, many designed as feints, and have started executing them
> "recently". Of course, we still don't know about the timing of several
> of the events that Sethra mentions in /Issola/, the Attack on the
> Imperial Palace, for example, or the attack on the Greater Sea of
> Chaos. It could be that these earlier attacks happened much further
> back in Imperial history.

Given the way they operate, these may not really be what you call
attacks.  More like:  you discover the mice have escaped the lab, &
while you are trying to round them up, you also notice they've unlocked
the baboon, skunk, poisonous reptile, & elephant cages, & topped it all
off by lighting a flame near a hissing container of highly flammable
stuff.  You've got the Jenoine equivalent of your hands full.

It is some time before it dawns on you that these may in fact be
hyperintelligent pandimensional mice  :-)

Snarkhunter