Dragaera

High Tech vs. the Orb WAS Re: the honing of Vlad

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Thu Jan 19 13:17:56 PST 2006

Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/19/06 01:12 PM

cc
SKZB List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Subject
Re: High Tech vs. the Orb WAS Re: the honing of Vlad

>Ken Koester wrote:
>
>>No virus could work that fast.  And sorcery could cure anything you came

>>up with.  No one has managed to make a living at biowar yet, for some
>>pretty basic reasons:  it's pretty ineffective, slow, and very hard to
>>control.
>>

>Terrorism can use biowar.

Proof? (And don't just say "G.W. told me so.")

>Gas was effective in WWI.

Not really. The very *first* gas attack *would* have been effective, but
the Germans failed to press the advantage and allowed the Brits to close
up their lines again.

Shortly after that, gas masks became standard equipment and it never again
proved to be a major factor in any engagement.

Majikjon