Dragaera

High Tech vs. the Orb WAS Re: the honing of Vlad

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Jan 20 14:31:12 PST 2006

Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/20/06 12:35 PM

cc

Subject
Re: High Tech vs. the Orb WAS Re: the honing of Vlad

>On 1/20/06, Jeff G. <Log0n5150 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> -Was the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki intended to end the
war
>> with Japan, or scare the Russians? Discus amongst yourselves. . . .
>>

>I tend to think that deterring the Russians was a major factor in the
>decision process, in particular the decision to drop a second bomb.

Well, but it also certainly had a major effect on the politics of the cold
war. How likely would it have been for the Cuban Missile Crisis to have
escalated to full-out nuclear war if we hadn't had examples of just
exactly how terrible such weapons could really be?

Compare this to what many (including Vlad) seem to feel about the use of
Elder Sorcery following the horrific example of Adron's Disaster.

Majikjon