Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Mon Jan 23 07:14:05 PST 2006

Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/22/06 06:44 PM

SKZB List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

>On 1/22/06, K Kuhn <kknolte at ecity.net> wrote:
>>
>> OTOH, even several generations after Kieron, that line is supposedly
>> still the only one where it shows up.  Fathers are the only ones that
>> can pass it to their offspring, maybe?  (Is the e'blank based on
fathers
>> - anyone know of any textevd?)
>
>Nothing explicit, but e'Drien + 'Kieron = Morrolan e'Drien, e'Kieron +
><whatever> = Aliera e'Kieron, e'Lanya + <unknown> = Norathar e'Lanya.
>Unfortunately, Morrolan's is the only case where the mother is known to
>belong to a Dragon line different than the father's.

Note; Lanya e'Kieron herself was a female, and the "founder" of the
e'Lanya line. Hence, her descendants used their mother's name, rather than
their father's.

Of course, the conventional rules of naming may go out the window when
you're talking about the founder of an entire lineage.

We don't have firm gender info about most of the other lineage namesakes,
except for Kieron and Baritt, who are both male.

Terics and Marish'Chala's gender are not specified.

Tenith, Mondaar, and Zisya are not ever specifically mentioned, other than
as the names of existing lineages.

It is possible that Terics e'Marish'Chala was female (although I speculate
that he was *not*).

Drien, of course, was *both* so this doesn't help much, either.

Majikjon