Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Jan 23 08:58:53 PST 2006

Scott Schultz wrote:

>As with most things Eastern, the Afterlife is undefined and most probably
>envisioned differently by every Eastern culture. Dragaerans have the
>advantage(?) of the afterlife being an established scientific fact, if you
>will. Then again, this is just another satiric riff on Tolkein. The "elfs"
>go to the Halls of Judgement <=> Halls of Mandos, while the "men" go
>somewhere mysterious and unknown; or, if Franz is a typical case, nowhere at
>all.

There is a very long tradition in myths from Christian countries that
the fey won't be saved.   Stuff like Mermaids' (souls?) turning into
seaweed.    Us humans are really better off than those other
creatures.    I suppose this means that the Church won't object to those
who tell the stories about elves and leprechaun and mermaids and all of
those seemingly wonderful beings, as long as the storytellers make sure
to tell us that they won't be saved the way we are.

Of course, they won't be damned either, which the Church doesn't
recognize as being advantageous.