Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Mark A. Mandel thnidu at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 19:52:09 PST 2006

--- Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:

> Aliera could have gotten her Amorphia creation ability the same way Vlad
> did, tho, since her soul is a reincarnation of Keiron's other brother.
> Or maybe she inherited the ability from her mother?

As I recall, when Vlad asks Aliera how she got the ability, she STARTS
with the bloodline/genes, and then adds something about spending 50 or 100
years or so working on the talent. It's not automatic. The bloodline,
according to Aliera, is necessary but not sufficient.

And that, I think, is enough to explain why Morrolan (as far as we've
seen) doesn't have it. He's interested in Elder Sorcery, sure, but he's
been working on (obsessed with!) other things as well.

Mark A. Mandel
http://www.cracksandshards.com