Dragaera

Meta: Spoiler Handling (was RE: Pel's Fate? *Dzur Spoilers*)

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Wed Feb 1 12:17:32 PST 2006

Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
02/01/06 12:08 PM

Dragaera List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: Meta: Spoiler Handling (was RE: Pel's Fate? *Dzur Spoilers*)

>On Wed, 1 Feb 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>
>> There *are* memory aids out there, including dragaera.info's Book
>> search
>
>When's that getting expanded, btw?
>
>> and Amazon.com's search inside.
>
>The other day when I cited V on M re ES, I used amazon search to find
>the quote, and I meant to thank Davdi for the pointer, which I now do
>belatedly.

Search Inside is a wonderful thing.

The only minor gripe I have with it is that the OCR software they used
seems to have trouble with apostrophes; which wreaks havoc with the names
of Dragon lineages. "e7rics" for example, instead of "e'Terics".

This made it more difficult to track down names for the Dramatis Personae
page on the wikicity.

On the plus side, it does, at least, have text for almost all the Dragaera
books (except for BP, unfortunately).

Majikjon