Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Thu Feb 2 12:20:06 PST 2006

> "Fact" 0 begs the question rebegged in "Fact" 1.

If Vlad had the vial with him at the time, or Verra had been speaking to
Vlad, I'd buy into that idea more easily. As it happens, it was Aliera who
demanded an explanation for why Morollan had to stay, and Verra's reaction
was "I don't owe you an explanation." It was only Aliera's status as her
daughter that caused her to reconsider and answer her. Verra's only words
addressed to Vlad were "Don't come back." If that's a hint, it's a pretty
round-about way to give one.

As far as Verra was concerned, Morollan was there for good. Rather than
supposing that Verra set Vlad up to rescue Morollan, I'd be more inclined to
believe that Vlad's rescue of him (combined with negotiating the Paths at
his side in the first place) was what brought him to her attention. Before
that he was just a member of a semi-devout family of  her worshippers. After
that, he became "useful".