Dragaera

the honing of Vlad

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Feb 3 14:09:13 PST 2006

Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
02/03/06 12:41 PM

"Jon_Lincicum at stream.com" <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com>
cc
Dragaera List <dragaera at dragaera.info>
Subject
Re: the honing of Vlad

>But this has everything to do with monotheism, and nothing to do with
>Jesus' death. Since Dragaerans aren't monotheists, this is irrelevant
>to the issue of whether Vlad is Ascending (to borrow Malazan
>terminology).

I think Howard was trying to use Jesus as an example of someone who died,
and still became a god.

I think it's a poor analogy, since Vlad bears about as much similarity to
Christ as Loiosh does to Mary Magdaline.

But hey, it's a valid point that dying doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't
get godhood. I just don't think it's going to happen.

Majikjon