Dragaera

the honing of Vlad :issola spoiler

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 10:59:23 PST 2006

On 2/4/06, Francesco Nicoletti <francesco.nicoletti at pacific.net.au> wrote:
> Peter H. Granzeau wrote:
>
> > At 11:23 AM 2/3/2006, Maximilian Wilson wrote:
> >

> >> My impression is that the Lords of Judgment had something along the
> >> lines of this enchantment in place: "no human blood may leave the
> >> Halls of Judgment."
> >> This ensures that undead (very pale, remember) can leave, and so can
> >> Morrolan's corpse. Vlad gets away through the same loophole that got him
> >> into Loraan's fortress.
> >

> > As I remember, Dragaerans consider themselves "human", but not
> > Easterners (Easterners, of course, reciprocate the thought).  Ergo,
> > Vlad is not human, thus may leave the Halls.
> >
> But most of the gods are not Dragaerans either. Many of them helped the
> Jenoine create Dragerians from easterners.
> I find it hard to beleve they would create a race based loophole when
> they created the races.

Not when they created the races, but when they built (or found, or
whatever) the Paths of the Dead and the Halls of Judgement.  The Paths
& the Halls exist to sort out Dragaeran souls; thus Dragaeran souls
(and the souls of living Dragaerans) are affected by the "keep the
soul here" effect of the Paths & the Halls, except that the effect can
also be countered by having god blood.

Or something like that, I would guess.