Dragaera

Spoiler thread on Brokedown Palace, need to know.

Mon Feb 6 23:08:03 PST 2006

Howard Brazee wrote:

> Francesco Nicoletti wrote:
>
>> This thread has inspired me to three further questions. Given our
>> esteemed author's tendency to work through an unreliable narrator,
>> with his or own agenda, is there such a narrator for Brokedown Palace
>> ? Who would it be ? What is their agenda ?
>>
> My guess is that there is no such narrator.   Steve wanted to do a
> political allegory and he set it in a world we are familiar with -
> giving us some more insights into that world - but the purpose of the
> novel is very different from the purpose of other books we have read
> set in that world.
>
> Again - this is my guess only.

I mostly agree with you. Any parallels between Brokedown Palace & Teckla
probably come about because a) they are both about revolutions & b) they
were written (well copyrighted) within a year of each other. But
speculation is fun.
Francesco