Dragaera

Dzur - Cover art question

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Wed Feb 8 12:43:25 PST 2006

Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
02/08/06 12:04 PM

cc
dragaera at dragaera.info
Subject
Re: Dzur - Cover art question

>Sokerchick wrote:
>
>>Can the author ask for a "redraw"  or a rework of the original art?
>>
>>  I would assume that a key feature of the character (like Vlad's
moustache) would be something the author would say "Hey you should
>probably add that"  or does the author not see the print till later and
doesn't have a chance to ask for things like that?

>>  Do these transactions (for lack of a better word) go on between the
author and artist or the artist and publishing company where the
>publishing company can say yes or no to a particular cover art work?
>>

>Somebody has to tell the author something about what he's going to
>draw.   What does the publisher say, "it's about a guy"?   Or does
>somebody actually read the book first?

Of course, in this case, there's already cover art out there for the other
9 books of the series (plus 3 omnibus editions), each of which has a
(four-legged) jhereg on it. Perhaps they just use the previous covers as a
reference?

Majikjon