Dragaera

Dzur - Cover art question

Thu Feb 9 05:43:57 PST 2006

Casey Rousseau wrote:

> Jon_Lincicum at stream.com wrote:
>
>> Of course, in this case, there's already cover art out there for the
>> other 9 books of the series (plus 3 omnibus editions), each of which
>> has a (four-legged) jhereg on it. Perhaps they just use the previous
>> covers as a reference?
>>
>> Majikjon
>
> On the other hand, in this case, there's already _text_ out there for
> the other 9 books of the series.

On the third hand, the text never explicitly specifies the exact number
of apendages that a jhereg has. It would require either very careful
reading and/or familiarity with the author and his quirks to know that
all the pre-existing art is wrong.

On the fourth hand... Well, I don't want to have cover art that I can
believe in anyway--especially when they contradict my own mental images
of the story. Better to have a plain cover with no decoration whatsoever.

Majikjon