Dragaera

Favorite Vlad Quip...

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Thu Feb 9 08:37:12 PST 2006

Sokerchick <sokerchick777 at yahoo.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
02/08/06 08:43 PM

dragaera at dragaera.info
cc

Subject
Favorite Vlad Quip...

>Ok,
>
>  So I must say that one of the best parts of reading the Taltos series
is the dry humor and amazing wit.  With that said I was wondering if
>anyone had a favorite quip from any of the books.
>
>I'm in the process of re-reading Issola and came across this one...
>
>  "We stood now on a small rock ledge, overlooking the Lesser Sea of
Amorphia, where the greatest city of the Empire used to be until >Aliera's
daddy had a hissy-cow at the Emperor.  I must make a point of telling
Sethra not to underrate the power of a hissy-cow"

>  For some unknown reason I read that and couldn't stop laughing.

Most of the best ones come from /Issola/, IMO.

If I had to pick just one quip, it would probably be this brief exchange
with Teldra:

T: "Perhaps I should begin at the beginning."

V: "Arbitrary. But still, not a bad choice."

Of course, if we go beyond just one-liners, Vlad's got some pretty amusing
exchanges with Loiosh, such as this one from /Dragon/:

    "Loiosh, I just want you to know, for the sake of my familiar having
complete information, that my feet hurt."
    "I think you're cheating, Boss. Everyone else has to either carry on
without complaint or be known as a complainer. You get to complain without
anyone knowing it."
    "Because I had the foresight to show up with a ready-made listener to
complaints."
    "That's a new job for me. Do I get a raise?"
    "Sure, Loiosh. Your salary just doubled."
    "Heh."
Majikjon