Dragaera

What happens for 6 months?

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 10:47:38 PST 2006

On 2/17/06, Steve Rapaport <steve at romlin.com> wrote:
> So, Dzur is written, and accepted, and copyedited.  And it has a cover
> painting, and a blurb, and has been announced to the bookstores.  It even
> has cover reviews.
>
> And it's being released to the stores August 8.
>
> In the six months between now and then, can someone tell me what additional
> stuff we're waiting for that takes six months?  It can't just be printing
> the books.

Why not? I imagine that book printers schedule themselves pretty far
in advance to keep themselves uniformly busy, so it could be six
months of waiting for the printer to print it. (This could also be why
publishers can get things out in only a couple of months when
necessary; IIRC Larry Niven once mentioned a Steven King book that the
publishers got out in only a month after the manuscript was
submitted.)

Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are,