Dragaera

Brust E-Books

Mon Feb 27 13:12:21 PST 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 03:40:03PM -0500, Gaertk at aol.com wrote:
> Scott Raun <sraun at fireopal.org> writes:
>
> > Per http://bar.baen.com/WB/default.asp?action=9&read=77561&fid=72
>
> That link asks me to log in.  Is it possible to read the thread
> without registering?

I don't know - I'm set up to auto-login to the Bar.  Sorry about that.

> > August 2006 Tor Webscription titles (first half ships in May,
> > third quarter in June, fourth quarter in July)
>
> So people who decide to wait for the dead tree version should stop
> reading this list in May?

I would assert that normal spoiler rules apply, the discussion will
just start a little earlier.  The spoiler rules are written in the
form 'until {period} after first US publication', aren't they?

> > For those who are not familiar with Webscriptions, their FAQ is at
> > http://www.baen.com/WS_FAQ.htm.
>
> Which doesn't explain single book purchases very well.

It's focused on the webscriptions explanation - the individual book
purchase evolved as an add-on over time.  I can easily believe that it
hasn't made it into the FAQ yet.  Single book purchases can happen
after the final text is released, the mechanic of doing so is the same
as purchasing a webscription.

They're working on overhaul of the whole site, we can hope that the
FAQ gets a serious update at the same time.

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org