Dragaera

Multiple emporers in a reign, revisited

Mon Mar 13 10:12:11 PST 2006

Roughly a year ago, during a discussion of the nature of the Reborn Phoenix
and its relationship to the Throne, there was a question raised as to
whether a House's reign is always a single individual or if there can be
multiple emporers of the same House.

Reading semi-randomly through _The Phoenix Guards_ this morning, I ran
across this:
===
The Imperial Palace was begun shortly before the reign of Emperor Jamiss I,
and the earliest version was completed toward the end of his reign, which
encompassed, in its nine hundred years, the entirety of the reign of the
House of the Vallista in the First Cycle.
===

There doesn't seem to be any reason to mention that Jamiss' reign
"encompassed... the entirety of the reign of the House of the Vallista..."
unless it's to distinguish it from other periods in which one emperor's
reign did NOT encompass the entire reign of his House.