Dragaera

Multiple emporers in a reign, revisited

Mon Mar 13 16:34:35 PST 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Jot Powers wrote:

> Having skipped several of the intermediary posts on this...has
> anyone brought up the fact that we know that the Teckla reign
> is a republic, and thus has either no emperor, or many emperors,
> depending on your definition?

Yes.  Short answer - the Orb orbits the office not the person
and if the person changes, well whatever.  Or there's one president
for the duration.  Or, sure, there's no orbited person, laws passed
by the parliament are enacted by the Orb.  Or, who the heck knows.

Note that the Orb is clearly autonomous to some extent, so maybe
the idea of it reading legislative output and court decisions
and executive orders isn't entirely crazy.