Dragaera

Multiple emporers in a reign, revisited

Wed Mar 15 14:45:18 PST 2006

> My guess is that most (if not all) of these intra-house claims are
> probably defeated--meaning that one-emperor-per-reign is
> likely the normal
> state of affairs, regardless of whether or not it is the only
> *possible*
> state of affairs.
>
> Majikjon

That would certainly be the case. The whole multiple emperor idea is more of
a thought experiment, really. As Phil and others have pointed out, every
explicit reference to an Emperor has implied that he was the only member of
that House that held office during his House's turn at the Throne.

An interesting question - How will history refer to Zerika/Tortaalik when
they talk about the 18th Phoenix reign?