Dragaera

Vlad "bred" to carry out a specific assassination?

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Mon Apr 10 11:04:47 PDT 2006

"Maximilian Wilson" <wilson.max at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
04/10/06 09:59 AM

Dragaera <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: Vlad "bred" to carry out a specific assassination?

>On 4/10/06, Scott Schultz <scott at cjhunter.com> wrote:
>
>[Food for thought acknowledged and snipped]
>
>> Sethra are all wielders of Great Weapons in the service of Verra.
Kieron's
>> Greatsword is nearly as good as a Great Weapon in the way that ancient
>> heroic swords tend to be
>
>I thought it was just a sword, desired by Sethra the Younger for its
>propaganda value.

Well, yes, it's only a sword--sort of the way the Mona Lisa is only a
painting. (Rather than a +12 painting of Psionic Vision or something.)

So it's "only a sword"... Of the greatest possible cultural and historic
significance for the Dragaeran Empire. But it isn't a "Great Weapon". (I
might point out, however, that this does not guarantee that it is in no
way magical.) I believe this is really the gist of Scott's point.

Majikjon