Dragaera

[OT]Re: Sword Jokes.

Mon May 15 12:43:35 PDT 2006

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> since prejudical humor is less offensive if the one telling the joke is
> of the ethnicity that the joke is about.

Have there been any along the lines of "Dzur: How many Teckla does it take
to sharpen a sword?  A.: It takes a village."

There should also be a joke like,
"Here's an old Dragon joke.  A Dzur walks into a bar and asks the Jhereg
behind the counter how many Teckla it takes to sharpen a sword.  The
bartender says, 'Well, I know this Yendi - well, I think he's a Yendi,
and I think I know him, and he says that he once met a Chreotha using
a Morganti broadsword to trim a loose thread from his shirtsleeve, and
I asked him if it was sharp, and he told me ...'"

Also, similarly, "Dragons say Dzur say that ... that Issola say that ...
that X say that it takes foo Y to sharpen a sword, because bar", where
each stage there's a comment on what the deeper stage finds funny.
E.g., a Vallista might be fully in agreement that it takes a village,
and a Hawk might find that funny, and a Jhereg might find it funny
to say that to an Athyra...