Dragaera

Agyar (Agyar?/Sixth Sense Spoilers) (Was Re: Brokedown Palace)

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Tue May 16 09:08:48 PDT 2006

Philip Hart <philiph at slac.stanford.edu>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
05/16/06 08:49 AM

"'Dragaera List'" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: Agyar (Agyar?/Sixth Sense Spoilers) (Was Re: Brokedown Palace)

>And note the name of this list. I haven't read _Gypsy_ or _Cowboy Feng's_
>yet, and I've gotten stuck early in _F&N_ twice now, and I appreciate the
>fact that I can read this list without inadvertently coming across the
>Cliff's Notes versions of their plots.

I don't really think our concept of what makes a spoiler is all that
different. We've just been of a different opinion as to whether or not the
specific /Agyar/ premise was, in fact, a spoiler or not.

On reflection, I can certainly appreciate that information regarding
non-Dragaera works needs much closer scrutiny than the Dragaera works
(this being a Dragaera-centric list) than the other books (I've gotten
bogged down in F&N myself at this point, have barely touched Cowboy
Feng's, and don't even own a copy of S, M, & S, so I can certainly
relate.)

Majikjon

And I still think there's maybe a need for a FAQ or something to help
newbies (not just myself, but it certainly would have helped) avoid such
missteps. Otherwise, new contributors will be discouraged from posting,
for fear of breaking some unclear taboo. Just my $0.02.