Dragaera

Agyar (Agyar?/Sixth Sense Spoilers) (Was Re: Brokedown Palace)

Wed May 17 09:14:56 PDT 2006

> (on a totally side note, I was wondering whether a writer for The Onion
> was a Brust fan with yesterday's article: Novelist Thinks People Shrug
> 10 Times More Than They Actually Do)

Novelist Thinks People Shrug 10 Times More Than They Actually Do
May 15, 2006 | Issue 42.20

BOSTON-According to his handful of readers, budding novelist Mosley
Forstner, 23, thinks that people shrug with much greater frequency than they
actually do. "Every time a character responds to something in Mosley's book,
it's "'Suppose that's the way of things,' she shrugged" or "'Fine, then I'm
leaving,' he shrugged,"" said Rodney Klein, a fellow student and peer
reviewer of Forstner's. "Can't his characters just 'say' something once in a
while?" When informed of the criticism, Forstner responded with a grunt and
a curt, dismissive motion of his shoulders intended to convey nonchalance.