Dragaera

Life-states

Casey Rousseau casey at the-bat.net
Mon Jun 5 06:25:03 PDT 2006

Majikjon writ:
> I note that some of these terms apply only to the body, and
> others to the soul, and some to both... So it's possible for
> a being to have more than one of these states apply to
> someone at any one time.

I'd quibble. All of the life states described by Davdi reflect the
status of the soul.  The following involve the body, but the soul is
what is important for life.  A brief restatement from a soul-centric
view might look like:

Alive:  soul attached to natural body in normal fashion
Dead:  soul attached to natural body that is not currently functional,
revification possible.
Permanently dead: soul no longer attached to corpse.  Revification not
possible.
Destroyed:  soul has been "eaten" by a Morganti weapon wounding the
body while soul attached in 'alive' state.
Disembodied: detached soul - see permanently dead.
Undead: soul reattached to former corpse by unspecified interventions.
'Bodily' functions undefined.
Undead Vampiric: see undead. No explicit explanation in textev. May or
may not be distinct.