Dragaera

Yuck

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Mon Jun 5 11:36:42 PDT 2006

"Scott Schultz" <scott at cjhunter.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
06/05/06 11:18 AM

"'Dragaera List'" <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
RE: Yuck

>I'm not so sure about the lack of textev.
>
>"I managed to support myself and saw Loraan. My knife was in his stomach,
>and there was a large cut, as from a sword, in his chest directly over
the
>heart. He seemed to be rather dead."
>
>The fact that we didn't see Blackwand strike Loraan "on-screen" isn't
really
>germane. Unless someone was to suggest that Loraan stabbed himself with a
>sword and Steve just didn't bother telling us about it. That seems a
little
>far-fetched. Couple this with the "take it up with Blackwand" comment and
>you'd have a hard time arguing that textev doesn't support Blackwand
>striking Loraan. Morollan certainly seems to believe she did so. (Maybe
the
>quibble is with the words "run through", though?)

One thing I noticed when re-reading this passage, was that Vlad had nailed
Loraan with a thrown dagger moments before.

Now, under the "It-can't-get-any-worse rule", a person who is already dead
is immune to the morganti soul-destroying effect... So, tenative theory:

1. Vlad nails Loraan with a dagger in an especially bad spot, killing him
instantly.
2. Blackwand swipes Loraan across the chest, but since he's dead, his soul
is safe.
3. One of Loraan's guards comes around and revivifies him later.

Of course, this is by no means conclusive, and depends on a rather abrupt
deminse on the part of Loraan to work. We may be dealing with the whole
"soul-in-a-box" (or equivilent) situation here instead.

I've more or less suspended my judgement on this point, after debating
about it for the wiki article on Loraan. If Steve chooses to tell us what
happened, it'll answer it, if not, I don't think we have enough
information to say for sure one way or the other.

Majikjon